Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Knot on the back of my neck???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knot on the back of my neck???

Hi. My name is Ashley an I'm 20 years old. Over the weekend, I got a migraine which I get about every 6 months or so. This one was however was located on the right side of my head and I think it was more of a sinus migraine because the right side of my nose was killing me. Just a few days ago, I discovered a knot on back of my neck on the right side, just below the hairline. It's slightly bigger than a pea and hard. There is no real pain when I push in on it. Almost immediately afterwards, I felt a burning/tingling sensation on my scalp on the area just about the knot and behind my right ear. My neck has become a bit stiff and I feel some pain when I turn my head to the right. Just last night I discovered some red bumps on the top of my scalp and my scalp has become increasingly itchy. I am also still experiencing sinus pain for which I am now taking an antibiotic. A few hours ago, I found another knot, below the first knot I found. Its very small and I can move it a little bit. My mom, who has worked in hospitals for over 30 years, thinks I have an infection, probably sinus related and its affecting my glands. I'm a bit of a worrier and my first thought was that is must be lymphoma. Does it sound like lymphoma? I have been reading up and I don't have any fevers or nightsweats or rapid weight loss.... I'm just unsure of what to do.