Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Knot on the back of my neck???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Knot on the back of my neck???

Hi. My name is Ashley an I'm 20 years old. Over the weekend, I got a migraine which I get about every 6 months or so. This one was however was located on the right side of my head and I think it was more of a sinus migraine because the right side of my nose was killing me. Just a few days ago, I discovered a knot on back of my neck on the right side, just below the hairline. It's slightly bigger than a pea and hard. There is no real pain when I push in on it. Almost immediately afterwards, I felt a burning/tingling sensation on my scalp on the area just about the knot and behind my right ear. My neck has become a bit stiff and I feel some pain when I turn my head to the right. Just last night I discovered some red bumps on the top of my scalp and my scalp has become increasingly itchy. I am also still experiencing sinus pain for which I am now taking an antibiotic. A few hours ago, I found another knot, below the first knot I found. Its very small and I can move it a little bit. My mom, who has worked in hospitals for over 30 years, thinks I have an infection, probably sinus related and its affecting my glands. I'm a bit of a worrier and my first thought was that is must be lymphoma. Does it sound like lymphoma? I have been reading up and I don't have any fevers or nightsweats or rapid weight loss.... I'm just unsure of what to do.