LUMP BELOW EAR
FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS I HAVE HAD THIS LUMP ON THE RIGHT SIDE JUST BELOW THE EAR RIGHT ON THE JAWLINE, YOU CANT SEE IT BUT YOU CAN FEEL IT.  IF I RUN MY FINGERS OVER IT, IT IS MOVABLE.  I WENT TO MY REG DOC AND HE SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS MY PAROTID GLAND AND SENT ME TO SEE AN ENT.  THE ENT SAID HE DIDNT SEE ANY REASON TO WORRY BUT I AM WORRIED.....WHAT COULD THIS BE.....IM JUST AFRAID IT IS A TUMOR OR CANCER.....PLEASE HELP.
parotid gland sounds like the problem.  Question really is - at this point are you having significant pain ? Does the swelling go down when you apply a hot soak to it or a hot water bottle?  PAIN is side effect of parotid gland inflamation and it even hurts your ear and jaw (like mine does right now).

If so its back to the doctor.  In addition, if your really scared about this go right back to the same ENT who diagnosed you and ask for a scan. It could be you have a small tumor attached to the gland. These usually are not high risk thing but can be removed so they don't cause future trouble and give you relief.  

GET INTO THE FIGHT/ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELF !  GO BACK AND DEMAND A SCAN OF THAT DARN GLAND.

bill
I know it's been a while since the original post, but thought share my experience in the case that might be useful for other people. A few years ago, I had a similar situation with a small, but slowly growing mass below the ear. Since I noticed it just after I had gotten over a cold, the ENT I saw at the time dismissed it as a lymph node that was clearing the viral infection. More than a month passed after my cold, yet the mass grew noticeably larger (though still small ...maybe 1.5 cm x .5cm).  I followed up with my ENT, but again he was dismissive and told me "don't worry about it". Because it continued to grow, I was skeptical it was a lymph node. Determined to find out what it was, I looked up a pathologist and scheduled an appointment directly (hopefully others don't have to go through this experience) and was tested via FNA. Low and behold, it turns out to be a tumor on my parotid gland. The medical term is called a plemorphic adenoma. As a previous poster said, the types of tumors are most commonly benign. However, there is a small risk that if left alone, it can turn malignant. Soon after, I had the tumor surgically removed (by a different ENT) and recovered fully within a few weeks. My advice is, be proactive about your health and take it upon yourself to seek out answers. Doctors are highly educated, but they're still human like everyone else.
thanks for sharing that helps me a lot.  just today i touched right below my right ear and there was a slight pain and tiny bump. i rubbed it a little and messed with it and about twenty minutes later it was big enough to see in the mirror and it hurt non stop. im going to make a doctor appointment right away and demand a scan
I am online right now trying to find answers for the  lumps I just found yesterday.  They are two small marble sized lumps under my ear close to the jawline.  I found then while I was at work yesterday.  Just overnight, they have gotten very painful anne slightly larger.  When I went to bed last night, I did a hot compress because I thought there was a chance it was a blocked ear duct (my anatomy could be totally off) and it was extremely painful.  Now it feels like a constant ache in my neck.  The bumps are hard and just under the surface of the skin and on top the muscle.

Alas, the good old USA will give free healthcare to those who do not contribute, but will not to ppl like me who are hard working but cannot spare a couple hundred a month to be insured.  I really dont want to go too the doctor, as I don't want to lose my  home due to medical bills, any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Carmen. (w.i.)
UPDATE:  

Just found another rather large one on the mid right sid e of my neck... About 3 inches south east of the other.

HELP!  Is this stress?  Pulled muscles?  I don't feel sick.... But they kinda hurt pretty bad!!!!