Ear, Nose & Throat Community
LUMPS behind ear and across hair line on neck, eyebrow, throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Hello
I found this forum and found a lot  that are similiar to what my wife is going through now but i have not found any that is exactly the same. So it all happened around six to seven months ago when my wife got one lump behind her ear and it is the size of a pea. We didn't think much about it but then she started getting more lots more. She now has three of four lumps around her hair line on the back of her neck. She has one lump behind her right ear. She has three behind her left ear including the first one she got that was pea sized. But she also got one right below her left eyebrow kinda on the eyelid. Then she started getting another one and went to her nurse at work and the nurse looked in her throat and said it looked like she had one in her throat too. She has been to two nurse practioners and one doctor and  two ear nose and throat specialists. So the nurse practioners  said they didn't know what it could be they said it was not cysts though. The specialists said it was nothing to be concerned with. Then my wife went to her family doctor and she said it was not normal and it was something to be concerned with because its not normal. But the specialists seem to think its nothing they have done blood work on her a few times but said it came back good. But now she is getting another lump behind her left ear and its hurting her really bad. She woke up from a dead sleep with it hurting and started crying it was hurting so bad. They normally always hurt a little bit when they first come up but then they quit hurting. None of them before have ever hurt her this bad. She has not been sick or anything as far as we can remember. PLEASE HELP im scared of what this could be.
Skin issues are often caused by digestive problems, so she should be tested for Celiac disease at least.  It might be another food sensitivity, so she could try stopping dairy, soy, nuts ...

She should try shampoos like Nizoral.  Try putting tea tree oil on the bumps.  Rinse her hair with a white vinegar rinse with 1 tablespoon in a basin of water, then a cold rinse.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be enlarged lymph node/nodes. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. Next you could see if any of the draining areas have any evidence of infection, like tonsils, the skin, tooth abscess or an ear infection. Infections like tuberculosis can cause lymphadenopathy.  It would be worthwhile to see if other lymph groups are enlarged namely, axilla and groin, these can be palpated, the others like those in the chest or abdomen may need a CT to detect their enlargement. Also correlate with blood counts, this could lead to further analysis. Sometimes a fine needle may not show much, but a whole node biopsy may pinpoint the cause. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Did you ever find out what is going on with your wife?  I'm a 27 yr old female going throught the exact same thing and am having lumps in the exact same area...please resoond!!
I got to lumps between my right ear and across my hair line. I've had one before but on the right side. Whenever I put pressure on it, it hurts. Is it dangerous? Should I see a doctor? I'm really worried! PLEASE HELP