Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Large pink bumps on the back of my 6 yr old's tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

My daughter has large, raised pink bumps on the back of her tongue.  She has been coughing lately but she says that they've been there for a long time.  What could this be?  They lay at the very back of the tongue and can only be seen when she sticks her tongue way out when she says "AGHHHHHH". Her tonsils are fairly big but have always been this way.
Do you think they could just be her taste buds? The large taste buds are on the back on the tongue. If you google taste buds, then click on images at the top, you should be able to see if that is what it is. If she doesnt have any other cold symptoms I wouldnt worry about it. Especially if she said the bumps had been there for awhile. Look in a mirror at your tongue and compare them. Some people have larger taste buds then others. Anyway, hopefully this is all it is. Best of luck!!!
I am 28 years old and am experiencing the same symptom you described your daughter having.  Did you ever figure out what it was?
I am also experiencing the same thing, cough and all.  I have been all over the internet and there seems to be a lot of people with this exact same problem but no answers.  So, please, if anyone that reads this knows anything-Please respond.
I did some research.  I've never heard of this, but I thought it might be connected with yeast infection.  I'm not sure if it is now or not, but it is related to eczema and I think that is related to yeast.  I can do more research on that topic.  Let me know if you think that's what it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_tongue
type in swollen taste buds could be from cold, flu, and/or allergies, dust, mold, cat/dog a number of things for diff people. I just started noticing mine the past few days as well an dI have the cough. hmmm sine flu?