Laryngeal nodule
My husband had a EGD done the first of May for symptoms of reflux.  Immediately following this, he became hoarse.  We attributed this to the procedure and waited for it to clear up, but it just got worse.  He saw an ENT doctor a few days ago, who said that he had a  laryngeal nodule, caused from the reflux.  He prescribed Nexium and made a followup appointment for a month and said that if the treatment didn't clear it up, he would do surgery.  My concern is that maybe the endoscope caused some damage to his larynx.  Is this possible?   He is terrifed that it is cancer.  He doesn't smoke, never did, but his grandfather, however, had laryngeal cancer about five years ago.
Nobody has any insight into this at all????
Did you ever find out anything? I have just been diagnosed this exact same way. My one month follow up is next week and as I am sure you experienced, I am very nervous!  Hopefully you still have the same email address, hope to hear back from you!