Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Laryngeal nodule
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Laryngeal nodule

My husband had a EGD done the first of May for symptoms of reflux.  Immediately following this, he became hoarse.  We attributed this to the procedure and waited for it to clear up, but it just got worse.  He saw an ENT doctor a few days ago, who said that he had a  laryngeal nodule, caused from the reflux.  He prescribed Nexium and made a followup appointment for a month and said that if the treatment didn't clear it up, he would do surgery.  My concern is that maybe the endoscope caused some damage to his larynx.  Is this possible?   He is terrifed that it is cancer.  He doesn't smoke, never did, but his grandfather, however, had laryngeal cancer about five years ago.