Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Laryngitis and Growth in Throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Laryngitis and Growth in Throat

Had what I thought was a cold but has not progressed from the sore throat/laryngitis phase.  Now not sure if it's that or something more serious.  I do have a growth on the left side of my throat near my tonsil--it has been there for four years and has been checked out several times.  The otolaryngologist did not feel it was anything troublesome and, since it's been so long, probably is not cancerous; however, I am wondering if this gravelly throat and inability to talk for any long periods is related to this growth or if it's just incidental.  Any thoughts?
Im not a doctor but i would advise you to get a second and third opinion if you are concerned! it very well could be connected to your throat symptoms. did they ever tell you exactly what it is?
No, he never actually gave it a name--he did say that to remove it, it would have to be outpatient surgery and that I'd be under anesthesia and since he didn't think it was worth that risk, he said we'd watch it.  We waited some months and I went back and it hadn't grown and he said to come back if it ever got bigger which it hasn't--just causes my throat to be gravelly after talking for a few paragraphs.