Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Left ear, Pulsating sensation, no pain, just annoying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Probably a month ago I've been getting these random moments where my inner ear feels like its pulsating. It doesn't hurt but it has come to the point of annoyance. It drives me crazy and it's hard to focus on anything I do. It's been causing me a lot of depression and It makes me feel insane. I feel like I'm losing it and i just want it to stop. When I move my jaw it feels like some pressure is being put on my inner ear as well. Like i said there's no pain, but it's driving me insane. I just want to know if its treatable. Does anyone know what this could be?
Do you grind your teeth or clench your jaw a lot? At night when you're sleeping? This could cause it to happen. TMJ is the name for it.

Did you have a bang to the head before this began?

Were you in a very noisy environment ( heavy metal concert, jackhammers, etc ) before this started?

Do you have high blood pressure?

Sinus infection can cause a vibration, as well as allergies.

Try a decongestant ( unless you have high blood pressure ) first.
Thank you for responding. I have an underbite, but not sure if that would contribute to the problem and if it thats what could effect it, why is it only happening now. my allergies have been acting up pretty bad lately, but this happened a month ago. And I dont have high blood pressure.
Allergies...have you been taking anything for them?
It's quite possible to start one symptom before another.

An underbite MAY cause problems, but you would need to see your dentist to see if it's severe enough to cause this problem.

Have you tried going to a chiropractor?
Odd question, I know, but sometimes if your jaw is " out " it can cause odd symptoms as well.
This week my eye was insanely irritated, so I was using eye drops, but that is all.

I haven't gone to a chiropractor, but I did read somewhere about that as well.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to tinnitus. Perception of abnormal ear or head noises is termed as TINNITUS. Persistent tinnitus usually indicates the presence of sensory hearing loss. Intermittent periods of mild, high-pitched tinnitus lasting for several minutes are common in normal hearing persons. Since your problem has been of a recent origin, it may be a temporary phenomenon.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.