Left ear and head pain
I have been  having sharp pain in my left ear only and then will radiate to the left side of my head towards the back and my scalp with be tender when this is happening.  Went to doctor and they prescribed me flonase although, he is not 100% sure this is the issue, and said that my ears look ok except scaring from old tube placement.  He did a neuro exam, and made the comment if not better in couple of days that would need worked up thouroughly?  I have been taking motrin, and tylenol, and asa for past couple of days in attempts to alleviate these sharp pains.  The pain is intense and I have high pain tolerance?  Any suggestions.  The pain can make me double over at times??
Hi, the pain can sometimes be due to temporal arteritis. Temporal arteritis is inflammation and damage to blood vessels that supply the head area. Sometimes migraines can cause radiation of pain without an actual headache. If you have blurring of vision, nausea and see some light flashes it could most probably be due to a migraine. The other causes could be due to hypertension, cardiac diseases, tumors, aneurysms and some metabolic disorders like hyperthyroidism. If pain persists, discuss these options with your consulting doctor. Regards.