Left-side sinus-like pain, fluttering in ears
I have been suffering from chronic pain that is entirely limited to the left side of my face.  I assumed  it was sinus-related, as when it begins, it feels like it travels up my left nostril and then spreads to my cheekbone and eye-socket.  Recently it has been exacerbated by a fluttering sensation in my ear.

I am confused by the fact that in all the many months I have suffered from this, I have never had nasal discharge of any kind.  I think it is more a case that membranes are swollen, rather than there being a blockage.  Is it possible an infection has settled in the left side only?  Could it be an allergic reaction?

Any ideas would be most welcome, as my GP answers most questions with the rhetorical, "What would you like me to do about your pain?"
I read your entry and could not beleive there was someone else out there with the SAME symptoms that I have  been having.  This has been going on for 3 years.  I thought it was stress- had a kink in my neck that turned out to be a lump which was diagnosed as a fatty tumor (nothing to worry about).
Thought the removal of this tumor would take the pain away.. only to find the following month I had them again only much more severe,. The pain goes from my ear and travels up to my eye side of my nose/nostril. All on the left side of my face- never happens to the right side. My ear becomes clogged and very painful.  Nothing seems to help.
I went to a neurologist who is sending me for an MRI and MRA.  Have you had any resolutions to your problem?
Look up trigeminal neuralgia and read about this and the other cranial nerves. It's possible that's what's causing these symptoms. Look at a diagram of the trigeminal nerve (which is the fifth cranial nerve, or cranial nerve V as they call it) and see if the pathway looks familiar to you!!

Nancy T.
i was diganoised with a psysoudo turmor in my left eye in june since then i have face pain in the left headaches over l eye and ear pain that runs down the neck i sound stopped up ent says no infection a defated syctrum doesnt think could cause that can anyone shed some light on this tried og going to doctors
I have had same sypmtoms, one sided nose pain with only difference that when pain gets worse after 5 days or so, even though the nose is clear, clesring up more brings out a blood streaked clogged clotted nasal discharge. then it helps with the pain,
now the pain is causing tenderness on nasal bridge too, and just on underside of eye orbit left more than right on rpessing. I have been referred by my GP to the consultant but it's been 8 weeks and have not heard anything.  I have had symtpoms since last April, but recently more frequent or persistant.
I HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS, IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF US ARE ALSO. HOW IS YOUR SKIN DOING? IS YOUR SKIN BREAKING OUT ALSO?