Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Light headed/dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Light headed/dizziness

I have had this weird lightheaded,dizzy, unbalanced feeling for about two and a half weeks now and its scareing me. When I walk  anywhere especially far it gets bad. Its initially started with a big time vertigo-esk type of dizzy episode at work that lasted about 10 seconds. Since that moment i have felt this way everyday! I was told it could be an ear infection causeing me to feel unbalanced/vertigo but i took Amoxicillin for that and begining to thinks its not that. I have had anxiety in the past but nothing to bad and not to this degree of making me lightheaded.  my head always feels funny now, it messes with my concentration and makes me fearful and unable to do anything active. What is this......all I read gives vague answers.
Sounds like it could be Labyrinthitis.  I would recommend consulting an ENT Specialist to have this ruled out.   You can also ask your physician for a prescription for Betahistine/Antivert and see if that helps.  Make sure the ENT Specialist is competent for treating and diagnosing inner ear disorders as all of them ARE NOT.  
Could be many things,  The balance organs are the semicircular canals, Eye's, Muscles, and Joints.  Any one of these can send wrong signals and get you really screwed up.  My situation "did not"include dizzy feelings, though they have started and happen more often.  Sounds like you though that does not mean you have the same thing.  Either way I believe I know how you feel by how you describe this.

Any other symptoms?  I thought it strange but at the same time I thought everyone could hear their eye balls move back and forth, then I found out they can't, It's a symptom of semicircular canal dehiscence.  So I ask again, any symptoms that you have that may/maynot be related?