Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Long, stringy growth next to tonsil.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Long, stringy growth next to tonsil.

Hello, I have a long, almost tiny finger type growth next to my left tonsil (your right.) It's rubbing on my throat making me feel like i have food trapped in my throat. One minute my throat is perfect, and I had some crisps (potato chips) and then suddenly i felt this thing in my throat thinking it was food. It wasn't until I returned home that i noticed a tiny growth on my tonsil. It looks as if I had a normal tonsil, and for some reason a potato chip has sliced it half ways and is still attatched at the bottom, and flaps forward causing irritation. If i push it back up with a Qtip, it stays up for a while and looks like it should join on to my tonsil but wasnt bleeding or anything i dont think. Could this just be a pollyp? I asked my friends mother who is a nurse and she said it probably is. Or is this something more serious? I'm going to the doctors friday but I just want some peace of mind. If it was cancer, would it grow in such a strange, finger/even a tiny penis kind of way!? Or would it grow in like a lump kind of way, not a weird worm thing? It's not painful, just annoying. I'm a 20 year old male. Otherwise perfectly healthy, no smoking, no drinking. Thanks for any help!
Did you ever find out what it was?
This finger like thing, is it bony? If it is, have you looked into Eagle's syndrome?
Avatar n tn
I seem to have the same thing, would really love to know what this is.
i have this exact thing and its driving me mad! after i had lunch today i noticed it and i cant figure out what it is!! when I saw the little wormy-thing I thought i was going bonkers! Did you ever find out what it is??  This was posted a few years ago- who knows if you even still check this site....?
I have it also.  Did anyone figure this out? Same color as tonsil. Doesnt hurt. Just bothers me somewhat.