Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Lost my sense of SMELL
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lost my sense of SMELL

Is there a cure or a way to get my sense of smell back?
I recently had the flu, and was recovering from the worst parts, but still coughs and have stuffy nose. Well nothing seem wrong with catching the common cold once a year because of weather changes. But here's the serious issue that scared me. I have endless boogers (mucus) building up in the back of my nose. I blow it out and it creates again, but then this time i messed up. I didn't blow hard or anything I just kept blowing slowly and slowly (only one side of my nostril; my right side). I feel like it's all coming out even the ones i wasn't able to get before. After all the thick boogers came out that side of my nostril seem open and cleared out. Then I sudden felt something different, it was my sense of smell. I quickly squirt some soap into my hands and tried to smell. I totally lost my sense of smell, i smelled nothing. My heart started to pound and I fear that it might be permanent. So, anyone knows if i will ever smell again or did i blow out something that gives me the ability to smell and will never be able to smell ever again.  =(
Tags: nasal, congestion, nose, smell, Sense of smell, lost sense of smell, can't smell, mucus, how can i smell again, nostrils, permanent lost of smell