Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Loud swallowing?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Loud swallowing?

it's been almost 5 years since I've noticed my swallowing is a bit louder than others, it sounds normal to me but It gets quite the reaction out of others who tend to get very annoyed.This is something I can't help but do and it seems even worse when I eat and drink help????
Reading you subject, I figured you were having problems inside you head, bu no, you say your swallowing is heard by others... how far away?  

I see no way of producing a loud swallow other than by making audible sounds with you wind/pipe/lungs.  Is it possible you  passing air through your nose when you swallow?  Do you suffer from nasal congestion?  

I can't think of anything more, I can't recall ever hearing another person swallow, at least not on a regular basis.
I have the same problem and I have no idea how to control it. I'm tired of the dirty looks and people complaining I'm rude or annoying. I would love help. I will post back here if I find anything.
I have the same problem and my brother complains to me all the time that I swallow loudly.  Is it possible that those people have a condition?  There is a condition called misophonia (literally described as a "hatred of sound") where people can't stand the sound of different noises such as burping, chewing, swallowing, etc.  If only a few different people have told you that you bother them, is it possible that they have this condition?  If you're being told by a lot of people, I wouldn't know.  I have this problem myself and I can't find anything about it.