Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Lump Stuck in Throat. Tonsil Stone or reaction to Clindamycin?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I had a fairly large tonsil stone stuck in my left tonsil crypt. I was there for about 3 days. I went to see an ENT and he prescribed me Clindamycin to help reduce the redness/swelling in my tonsils. He could not see the stone, but there was definitely one there. About a day later, I felt the stone pass and it went down my throat but now it feels like it is stuck just below my adams apple. I can feel like something is in there constantly and it is extremely uncomfortable to swallow (with or without food or liquid). Could I really have a tonsil stone stuck down there? Is this something cause by the medicine I'm taking? I've had the feeling of something in my throat for about 20 hours now.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It can sometimes happen, that long after a foreign body has passed through the throat, the feeling of a foreign body sensation persists. It may not be due to the medication. But, if your symptoms are prolonged or if you develop pain or difficulty swallowing, consult your doctor for evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.