Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Lump above ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Lump above ear

I am 3 months pregnant and just noticed a painful pea-sized lump above my right ear.  It is right in the crease between where the top of my ear begins, and my temple.  It hurts like a bruise when I touch it.  Is this something I should be worried about?  Is there a lymph node there?  I know it is not a pimple because it is very deep under my skin and rolls like a marble.
Tags: crease, Neck
I have one in front of my ear. It is a gland and I didn't know I had any there until this popped up. I don't have any answers for you, the nurse just said to watch it and come back if it got bigger. I'm curious to see what others say on here. I also have one on my neck but the dr's don't seem to think its a big deal.
What ever happened to the lump?  I have one too, and I am very worried about it.
So am i, i have one below my ear, one side the bump is hard and the other side, their is a bump, but very small. it doesnt hurt or anything, and hasnt gotten any bigger.
but any bumps, lumps can have people get concerned. mine does not hurt, but i am still planning getting it check out within a day or two.

Hope nothing is wrong with me or anyone else for that matter
I woke up in bad pain on the right side of my face and head. I noticed that side of my face was slightly swollen, and I had a swollen knot of some kind in front of my ear toward the top. My ear hurts, my head hurts, under my eye and my cheek hurt??????
I have the same thing on my right side too. I got it in my 3rd trimester of being pregnant. when I was in the hospital to have my baby and when I told by OBGYN prior, they all said just to watch it. I had about 3 doctors tell me that. after my c-section, about 2 days later, my blood pressure went up, and the ball got bigger. Finally a doctor told me to see a rhumetologist and they sent one in plus a neurologist. They thought it might be Temporal Arthritis, but after an MRI, and both teams, they said I was to young for that iand they didn't see anything. Now they told be to see an ENT doctor. that it might be a sinus thing or a lymph node. Monday is my appointment. I'll keep you posted.