Lump in Throat
Hey all!

I need some advice! Recently I found a small soft lump in my throat under my chin at my jaw line. I have had a sore throat and then I notice the lump. My sore throat went away but the lump is still there. Sometimes I have pain in my throat near the lump but it only lasts a second and then goes away. It's on the right side of my face, nothing on the left. Should I be alarms or does it just sound like swollen lymph node?? Help!!
Anytime you find a lump you should have it examined...especially if it stays for more than a few days.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The 'lump' could be a sebaceous cyst, a lipoma, a thyroid nodule or lymph nodes. As it occurred with a sore throat, its most probably a lymph node. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and fever it is most probably due to an infection. The other causes for enlarged nodes are tumors or inflammations to name a few. So, if it persists consult our doctor to rule out these conditions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I woke up this morning with a marble sized lump on the left side of my jaw. It doesn't move, and feels like a bruise, but if I touch it, the pain goes away. I had one last year, and I think it could move, but it went away after a few weeks. I hope you have better advice than I do; I'm 14. Anyway, if you could get back to me...