Aa
A
A
Close
Lump in Throat
Hey all!

I need some advice! Recently I found a small soft lump in my throat under my chin at my jaw line. I have had a sore throat and then I notice the lump. My sore throat went away but the lump is still there. Sometimes I have pain in my throat near the lump but it only lasts a second and then goes away. It's on the right side of my face, nothing on the left. Should I be alarms or does it just sound like swollen lymph node?? Help!!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
209987_tn?1451939065
Anytime you find a lump you should have it examined...especially if it stays for more than a few days.
Comment
Cancel
209987_tn?1451939065
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The 'lump' could be a sebaceous cyst, a lipoma, a thyroid nodule or lymph nodes. As it occurred with a sore throat, its most probably a lymph node. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and fever it is most probably due to an infection. The other causes for enlarged nodes are tumors or inflammations to name a few. So, if it persists consult our doctor to rule out these conditions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I woke up this morning with a marble sized lump on the left side of my jaw. It doesn't move, and feels like a bruise, but if I touch it, the pain goes away. I had one last year, and I think it could move, but it went away after a few weeks. I hope you have better advice than I do; I'm 14. Anyway, if you could get back to me...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Lump in Throat
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703