Lump on Right Side of Throat
A few weeks ago I noticed that I had a feeling of a lump on the right side of my throat. It is on and off and usually occurs at night when I am laying down in bed. It is not every day and I am wondering if it has something to do with stress.

The other day, I noticed that it kind of looks like my right tonsil is swollen, which is probably the lump I am feeling. I have no pain, I do not smoke, and I rarely drink. I am a 24 year old female. The main reason it bothers me is because when I swallow, it feels like mucus gets caught in that area. When I eat it feels like it is easier to swallow.

I found information online about a Cricopharyngeal spasm, which is caused by stress. Some of the symptoms seem accurate, but others are not. For example, it is only on one side of my throat. I have not been able to go to the doctor yet, and am hoping to get an appointment next week. I have also found information stating that it could be my tonsils fighting infection or a virus. But then wouldn't it be both tonsils and not just one? If it is caused by stress, the fact that I have it stresses me out more and worries me!