Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Lumps in throat..and earache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Lumps in throat..and earache

Hey yall.  Im having a problem.  I have lumps in the back of my throat.  Their right behind the tonsils on both sides.  They started growing for like 2 months now... their getting bigger and spreading to the tonsil, but I dont have a sore throat.  I do get a earache and ear pain now and then though.  They look kinda funny.  They dont seem red nor nothing... they seem for be weirdly formed.  Example its not a solid lump.. it looks like it has ravines or craters in it.  Its not red or white either.  

I dont have trouble swallowing or eating.  Just feeling like the throat is getting smaller.

One doctor noticied it a few weeks ago and prescribed me antibiotics ... but there still there.  I cant go back to him because his practice is weird (I paid in cash the full cost... then got a bill in the mail saying I never paid and I owe 3x more than what I originally paid)

What should I do... Getting freaked out... Just wondering can this be cancer? - Email: ***@****

If anyone knows a good doctor in the NY Rockland County or New York City area... I would appreciate it :).

Avatar n tn
can someone answer my question?
Sounds like just enlarged tonsils and adenoids (adenoids)?  Not likely to be cancer.  See another doc.  Doesn't sound like an infection.