Lumps under chin
Hi all, and thanks so much for your help!

I am a 29 year old female. I recently noticed that when I put my chin to my chest, I could feel a lump or something on the left side of under my jawbone. I felt around, and I can't really feel anything when my head is upright. But when I tilt my head forwards and poke my fingers underneath my jawbone I can feel a small lump that I can "move" to the chin side of my jawbone quite easily.
I felt on the right side and I have the same there, and I can move that one too.
Is this the submandibular gland that I am feeling, or is it a lymph node?

Thanks guys.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its most likely a lymph node and they are locally mobile. If its small, less than 1 cms in size, you need not worry. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. So, if its enlarging in size or is painful, please consult your doctor to rule out an infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.