Lymph Node on neck
So a couple of months ago by accident I noticed a small lump like size of a fat grain of rice. It is in the area of on side of neck where Shoulder meets neck. Went to the ENT - he said its more then likely something benign. He had bad bedmanners - he was very businessy. I have had no symptoms.
Then a week later I notice a small lymph node on the right side of my neck middle part - looks to be the Deep Cervical one. It's soft - almost like a pressed piece of gum. Not a bump. You can't see it or locate it with your eyes until you touch it - its flat - semi soft etc. Again, this time no symptoms. Four weeks later I def. got the 24 hour stomach flu - my stomach got the ultimate cleaning I tell ya! Something I ate was killing my stomach.

Anywho - So the ENT wasn't concerned - went to the General Doc and he did a blood test and he said it came back PERFECT! I just can't stop worrying LYMPHOMA LYMPHOMA - as mine are painless and do not hurt. They have not changed size in weeks. I don't even know if I have had them all my life or what. I also have had bad pimples for years- on back, face and chest.

Any suggestions guys - ideas - comments? It has been eating away at me - I mean I can't do work or think straight as LYMPH NODES are on my mind 24/7. I am 22 btw - no family history of cancer etc, a male.
Hey I am experiencing something very siimilar to you. I am a 19 year old male and noticed a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck about 6 weeks ago. I can feel a sore or a 'crack' at the corner of my mouth on the left side, and my submandibular gland (as i was told by my doctor) is swollen on my left side. I had a bad throat infection which is starting to clear up slowly, after using 2 antibiotics. Well, after abotu a week of discovering the lymph node on the left side of my neck, i decided to examine the rest of my neck. I felt around and could feel 2 more on the right side, they cant be seen tho. This is when i got worried and went to a walk- in medical clinic. the doctor ordered a wbc and cbc test and everything came back normal. I waited about 4 weeks and the lymph node swelling had not gone down, it is not painless, has not grown much, and is rubbery when felt. Like you, I am starting to get paranoid that it is lymphoma or some kind of a head and neck cancer. I have asked many doctors about their opinions and they have disagreed. I went in for a mono, h pylori, and another wbc, cbc, and hemoglobin test today and am waiting for the results so i can be reffered to a ENT. Anyways to ease your paranoia, the main symptoms of Lymphoma are:
- rapid weight loss
- extreme night sweats
- lymph nodes that may be hard when felt, or grow in size over a certain period of time
- extremely itchy skin
- fever
It has now been abotu 7 weeks that these nodes have been swollen and i am really worried at this point. i dono what it could be, but hopefully its not lymphoma or a head and neck cancer.
I've now gone without touching the lymph node for about a 2 days. So thats good for me! I went in to a general doc weeks ago and he said - "Oh, you have no symptoms, and they are not hard, or feel over 1 cm, and they definit. are not matted so I really think its nothing you should stop worrying yourself"... that helped me for a week - then I came back and started touching. Errrrrrrr. Chances are its nothing - but the thought of death is always in the back of my head - its at the point where it interferes with my thinking of college and work. He did order a blood test - and I'm not sure what kind - but I guess someone can help and tell me - as I never did have a blood test before. Does that mean its a certain type of blood test if its the first time I have ever seen him?