MRSA
I have just been dx with MRSA(4 hrs ago) in my ears. I have been chronically ill for over 18 mos and have been on and off Prednisone, thus my immune system is weak. Over the last week I have been having extreme muscle and bone pain. I am terrified. The doctor that gave me my dx said that I should be treated w/IV drugs however he is now on vacation, my PCP is out until Monday. I have been given an antibiotic shot, antibiotic drops for my ears and an oral antibiotic. Any things I should keep an eye out for?  Any advice would be appreciated. I am so concerned for my husband and daughter as well. How can I protect them?
What is it that you have been chronically ill with for 18 months?? Did it cause the MRSA??  I guess you should just watch out for any sudden high fevers.  Keep your ear covered with gauze and tape so that any drainage will not expose your family.  
My chronic illness has yet to be definatively diagnosed all points to auto-immune(Lupus,RA) It did not cause the MRSA but made me more suseptible I guess.
Thanks for your response
Good luck, I hope you feel well soon.