Ear, Nose & Throat Community
MRSA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRSA

I have just been dx with MRSA(4 hrs ago) in my ears. I have been chronically ill for over 18 mos and have been on and off Prednisone, thus my immune system is weak. Over the last week I have been having extreme muscle and bone pain. I am terrified. The doctor that gave me my dx said that I should be treated w/IV drugs however he is now on vacation, my PCP is out until Monday. I have been given an antibiotic shot, antibiotic drops for my ears and an oral antibiotic. Any things I should keep an eye out for?  Any advice would be appreciated. I am so concerned for my husband and daughter as well. How can I protect them?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What is it that you have been chronically ill with for 18 months?? Did it cause the MRSA??  I guess you should just watch out for any sudden high fevers.  Keep your ear covered with gauze and tape so that any drainage will not expose your family.  
Blank
My chronic illness has yet to be definatively diagnosed all points to auto-immune(Lupus,RA) It did not cause the MRSA but made me more suseptible I guess.
Thanks for your response
Blank
Good luck, I hope you feel well soon.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity