Ear, Nose & Throat Community
MY 2 1/2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER NEEDS HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

MY 2 1/2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER NEEDS HELP

My 2 1/2 year daughter has had 4 ear surgeries since Jan 2009. Jan 2009 she had a simple ear tube surgery because of some minor ear infections. Immediately after, she bled out of the ear for 2 weeks, followed by major discharge. In March 2009 she had the tubes removed. Still, after that her ears continued to drain excessively with bloody mucus. She has had every medication that could possibly treat her, oral, nasal, and ear antibiotics (over 20 different Rx). July 2009, she had the holes in her ears patched up and adenoids (adenoids) removed. Still, discharge and infections. In Jan 2010, she had another surgery to drain her sinuses and had multiple biopsies throughout her nasal and ear cavity. Still, she has continued drainage since this surgery, even with 4 different antibiotics. She has had 2 CT scans, allergy tests, probe testing in stomach, and the only thing they have found are different bacteria infections and Staph. She was treated with all the anitibiotics possible. I have taken her to 3 different ENT's, and the last ENT did the last 2 surgeries and she was highly recommended and well known in the state of Florida. I dont know what else to do. I need help of where to go and am willing to travel anywhere because I want her better. She is in pain all the time and doesn't even want me to touch her ears anymore. I am so worried about the pain and future of her hearing. Please, I need help!! There are pictures of her ears in my album if you want to see what she has to deal with.

Thank you for anyone who can help my daughter!!