Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Marijuna - Rather unique problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Marijuna - Rather unique problem

Weather or not you agree with smoking pot morally is irrelevant here, this is just very odd & I haven't found any answers. The problem showed up suddenly enough to just deem it "cotton mouth" & ignore it a while, but it is not. I had been smoking pot, no cigarettes, for nearly 7 years before this happened. I have since slowed down my pot smoking to cope with this, but here is what I observed when I was smoking consistently.

I would smoke pot once or twice a day for 3-4 days in a row. After that point, every time I smoke pot, I will have a SEVERE dry mouth, not normal, but feeling like acid reflux in my throat, but not exactly, & no amount of water will do anything, it's like I'm choking on sand that isn't there. Here's the kicker, this won't happen until around a half a hour after I smoke. This is not congruent with the years of pot smoking before this happened where cotton mouth came on very quickly & all I needed was a tiny drink of water.

I did this "experiment" multiple times to make sure my results were consistent. They were for months. Then I went on vacation with my cousin in Florida & this is what confuses me. He bombarded me with blunt after blunt for an entire week, waaaay more than my smoking regimen had ever been. What happened, nothing.
I don't know if it's the humidity in Florida or what, but that just confused me more.

This is rather interesting, as I have found nobody else on the entire internet with the same problem, & everyones solution was "STOP SMOKING POT!". This is bypassing the WHY though. I want to learn something.

My pot-smoking habits have never been as regular as the people around me, I also have a better diet than most of my peer group, drink more water, & exercise more. That being said, this change occurred around 2 years ago now, & my solution has just been to smoke less. That combined with a separate throat injury & now I smoke once a week if that.

If you're a health professional, I'd like some input on this, & if you're not, has any one you know experienced anything like this. It's not "cotton mouth" & it's baffling.