Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Marijuna - Rather unique problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Marijuna - Rather unique problem

Weather or not you agree with smoking pot morally is irrelevant here, this is just very odd & I haven't found any answers. The problem showed up suddenly enough to just deem it "cotton mouth" & ignore it a while, but it is not. I had been smoking pot, no cigarettes, for nearly 7 years before this happened. I have since slowed down my pot smoking to cope with this, but here is what I observed when I was smoking consistently.

I would smoke pot once or twice a day for 3-4 days in a row. After that point, every time I smoke pot, I will have a SEVERE dry mouth, not normal, but feeling like acid reflux in my throat, but not exactly, & no amount of water will do anything, it's like I'm choking on sand that isn't there. Here's the kicker, this won't happen until around a half a hour after I smoke. This is not congruent with the years of pot smoking before this happened where cotton mouth came on very quickly & all I needed was a tiny drink of water.

I did this "experiment" multiple times to make sure my results were consistent. They were for months. Then I went on vacation with my cousin in Florida & this is what confuses me. He bombarded me with blunt after blunt for an entire week, waaaay more than my smoking regimen had ever been. What happened, nothing.
I don't know if it's the humidity in Florida or what, but that just confused me more.

This is rather interesting, as I have found nobody else on the entire internet with the same problem, & everyones solution was "STOP SMOKING POT!". This is bypassing the WHY though. I want to learn something.

My pot-smoking habits have never been as regular as the people around me, I also have a better diet than most of my peer group, drink more water, & exercise more. That being said, this change occurred around 2 years ago now, & my solution has just been to smoke less. That combined with a separate throat injury & now I smoke once a week if that.

If you're a health professional, I'd like some input on this, & if you're not, has any one you know experienced anything like this. It's not "cotton mouth" & it's baffling.
Are you sure you are smoking the same stuff that you have been smoking in the past?  Perhaps you aren't smoking "pure pot."  
Pretty sure, same ol pot, not laced. Others in the same group of smokers are just as baffled as I am since it doesn't happen to them. I've been thinking of getting a vaporizer for a while now.