Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Methylprednisolone Body Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Methylprednisolone Body Pain

I was prescribed Methylprednisolone (pak) and I've taken 4 out of the 6 pills in the first line so far, two per dose. It was prescribed for ear congestion. Now I'm having joint/muscle pain and muscle weakness.

Is this a normal side effect and not cause for concern? Or should I contact a doctor?
Muscle/joint pain and weakness is a known side effect of prednisone (methylprednisolone), however it is one that should be reported to your doctor.  They would be the ones to make the determination whether you should continue on the medication or if you need to stop taking it.

Best of luck and please let me know what you find out.
Thank you for the reply. I had called the office in the morning and the doctor was supposed to call me back. It's night now and still no call.
Alright, I called them back again and finally got a doctor. He said if I can tolerate the pain then I can continue to take them. Also they only have a 50% chance of getting rid of the ringing in my ears.