Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Middle Ear Fluid - Not going away?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Middle Ear Fluid - Not going away?

I have had a strange sensation for quite a while. I think it first started in November of 2009. About a year ago I had went to a doctor about it and they told me I had middle ear fluid and I was placed on Predisone 10mg 2 and 1/2 a day + ear drops. These seemed to help but I still had it. More recently I was placed on 50mg Predisone once a day for 10 days, and again it seemed to help but my problem remains.
This originally started when I used q-tips to clean my ear so I didn't know if it had any correlation. It's a habbit I still tend to have because I get rather obsessive and feel the need to monitor how inflamed the inside of my ear has gotten.
Honestly it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse but it still bothers me, especially since it's only in one ear and I've read that it can be connected to tumors. My doctors have examined the inside of my throat and ear, and they didn't seem to say anything about it, but I do get paranoid easily I suppose.

My question is, how should I go about this? What options do I have and is there anything I can do to help it out until I can go to the doctor? I don't have insurance so if there is anything over the counter that might help that would be great too.