Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Middle Ear Infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Middle Ear Infection

I use apple cider vinegar regularly to clean out my ears and a couple nights ago my right ear would not drain it. I tried putting more vinegar in to see if it would come out and for a couple days now my right ear has been completely plugged to the point where I cant hear out of it. The pressure of the fluid inside became unbearable I went to my doctor and she said I have a middle ear infection. I have antibiotics for this but my question is: once I finish the antibiotics, if my ear is still full, should I see an ENT? -- I am hoping my ear will drain over this week but if not I was thinking is there other techniques such as ear irrigation/cleaning etc. that may be successful in removing this fluid?
Related Discussions
875426_tn?1325532016
I remember once with an immediate relative of mine, they put a wick in her ear to allow drainage to occur.  You might also try laying on the affected ear with a warm, damp wash cloth under it & hope osmosis works and the fluid in greater concentration in your ear will be drawn out to the wash cloth of lesser fluid concentration.

If you've already been taking at least three days of antibiotic and are still struggling with this, you should get seen ASAP!  And if pressure is still unbearable with the treatment you've been given and it hasn't been at least three days yet, I would still recommend trying to get in ASAP.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank