Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Mouth Odor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Mouth Odor

I have very unusually and bothersome smell - foul smelling that I have been experiencing for about 2 years now but it seems that there has been no cure yet. I've seen to two ENT, my primary care doctor and asked my two dentists but nothing is working...sometimes, when I breathe from my nose also, there's a very stinky odor that I smell and even people around me can smell.

I always brush and floss my teeth and gargle and do nasal saline washes, but NOTHING worked. I even looked online for info concerning this problem. Please...I need answers immediately!
Tags: odor, mouth, ENT
What you possibly have is an anaerobic bacterial infection of your sinuses.  A regular sinus wash will not reach the parts of your sinuses where it would reside.  The Sinus Flush that I developed is mildly risky--you have to bend over in a shower--but it conforms to recent medical research and it's been 100% effective for me, including 2 infections that featured the smell that you are referring to.
If you wish to try it, cursor the blue "friggy" and find the instruction manual on My Journal.
i tried the remedy given by Friggy and the mouth odor intensified to the point where I could taste it. It was very musky. Any ideas?
That's what happened to me, too.  It means it's draining more from you sinuses, into your mouth.  After you flush your sinuses, gargle with salt water.
Thanks Friggy, I did gargle with the salt and water and it was much better. I'll continue with it and see what happens.
You're welcome.  Thanks for the feedback.  Make sure you continue to irrigate for a few days after the nasty biz goes away, to make sure the bugs don't grow back.