Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Moving septum? Blocks breathing.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Moving septum? Blocks breathing.

History: I used to have several allergies/extreme septum deviation. I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction of the right nostril. Right nostril is ***significantly*** larger than left, creating pressure difference between left/right sides.

My septum is moving when I am breathing. When the left turbinates swell up (as they do every 19 minutes), + septum moves = my left nostril gets blocked, and I can feel the septum pushing against the walls of my nose...

I am scheduled for the turbinate reduction of that nostril in hopes of fixing the problem..

Any feedback on my situation? Advice? Recommendations?
hi,
i have same problem , where before i had two septoplasty and i feel now that the septum moving during breathing , and now i had  left turbinate allergied ,  
what happen with you did you get turbinate reduction ?
how it was the situation after that ?
appreciate your feedback..