Mucinex

I went to an ENT a few months back. He prescribed Nasonex and Mucinex for my nose problem. Basically, he said my turbinites (spelling>?) are too large.

Anyway, does anyone take Mucinex regularly? I didn't start taking it. But, have taken it on occassion since. I heard that you can build up a tolerence for it.
I have taken mucinex for almost 6 yrs. now.  It got to expensive so I buy the generic brand and double up on it or take as needed.  It really never did anything for me as well as the steroid nasal sprays.  But I keep taking it in hopes that maybe one day it might help., which I doubt .  The ENt from Mayo clinic told me to take it as well as irrigating my nasal passages with NEil Med nasal irrigation bottle, I buy the pre-mixed packages so I don't have to bother with the right mixture and also I don't sterlize the water, I buy distilled bottled water.  That don't help either, but the doctor said, even though it may not seem like it is helping but it really is. Could have fooled me!!!!!!!!     Laaz