Mucous stuck in throat/nose
For the past few months I have had what seems to be a booger stuck between my throat and my nose. No matter how hard I blow my nose, it will not come out. Sometimes I can feel it there, and when I blow I can feel/hear it vibrating but it just won't come out. Sometimes it seems to be in my throat, it feels like I could "loogie" it up, but I can't do that either. If I swallow, I can feel my throat drag it down from my nose, but I can't swallow it. This problem has been bugging me a lot recently because I am a singer/actor and I just finished a show, and it just seems to be getting worse. It seems like my nose is always plugged on the right side. The past few days I have experienced dizziness, nausea, and fatigue. This seems to have affected my sleep quite a bit as well. Two days ago I developed what seems to be a "common sinus cold" and now this problem is at its worst. My eyes are beginning to hurt and my ears as well. I have had a lot of chest congestion and mucous in the throat, and I have taken Benalyn and different cold medications but the little booger is still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Anyone?
Have you tried rinsing your sinuses out with salt water? There are LOTS of products that you can buy to do this at the drug store... or you can just make your own salt water solution at home using boiled water that has completed cooled to room temp (you boil the water first just to make sure it is totally sanitary... and you let it cool so you don't burn or irritate yourself, it must be room temp!) and the SMALLEST amount of salt (you don't want to irritate your sinuses, and don't try this without salt, you'll be sorry! it will hurt so much without salt that you'll probably be screaming!! it doesn't hurt at all with salt though... I don't know why, but that's just the way it is... and the salt is what cleans your sinuses out anyway... but MORE salt is NOT good, just use a tiny bit!)... I'd say about a 1/4 to 1/2 of a teaspoon for a cup of water... and then you just pour the room temp salt water into your nose and it comes out the other side of your nose or your mouth... although it should come out the other side of your nose if your head is the right way (to the side). Do this over a sink. You can use the measuring cup your made this in or a teapot or something to pour the water... or go buy a "nose bulb" that is used for cleaning out babies noses at the drug store... or any sort of irrigation syringe... nose bulbs and irrigation syringes make the pouring step a lot easier.  

I bet that'll do the trick!

Oh... and make sure to stop doing this right away if you feel any ear pain!! And don't like... force the water if it's not going in! If your nose is totally blocked, you could pop your ear because the water needs to go Somewhere and if your nose is totally blocked that will usually be out your ear... so don't ever blow your nose too hard or force anything like liquid up your nose... only ever gently wash your sinuses out.

If that doesn't work, go see a doctor. Or if you experience any pain while doing that, go see a doctor.
Damn how much cocaine were you on when you posted that?
Hi when I was younger I had to have a lot of surgeries because I couldn't talk. The doctor took out my ear tubes, tonsils, nasal cavities, they cut my ugali to be smaller and the sawed down my top of my mouth, I dont know if that's the problem but since then every single day I have to cough up mucus because its stuck in my throat. I have to cough it up 24/7 and I know its not normal and I've been wondering what could I do or if the doctor could do anything. Its really embarrassing, my dad told me that they had to do the surgeries so I could talk. Any advice or help you would give me?
If your problem was one of mucus, I could recommend a method that I would guarantee would remove it.  However, your problem sounds like more of a minor physical problem, so I'll recommend one thing only--go see an ENT.
I am having the same issue with formation of boogers up my nose and it gets stuck in there and trying to swallow doesn't work and trying to blow it out doesn't work either. However, whenever IT WANTS TO, I get huge boogers (size of a dime) suddenly expelled out either through mouth or nose. I think that whenever they stay lodged in there too long, it causes infection and then I am miserable for weeks and weeks!!! I had a mucosal ablation procedure done to my nose so it seems to help about the breathing part but still not about the mucus sitting between nose and throat.
Hi can anyone help me I started getting a lot of mucus in my throat a couple of weeks ago and I'm finding it very hard to eat as it feels like the food is getting stuck I'm my throat I can cough some of it up everyday but it is still there with the feeling of swallowing a lump
Worm salt water gaggle three times a day for one week
i have the same problem would having a bowl of tomato soup with some
black pepper work it alwas works on clearing my sinuses would it work now
Try using the Frenzel technique - takes a lot of practice, but it helps many people, and is drug-free!  Found out about it from an answer on the yahoo answers board.  Hopefully this helps someone who sees this. :)  Happy breathing!  https://*****************/question/index?qid=20110621173526AAKLBIV
For all of you...The key is hydration.  If you get that glue like mucus in your throats and can't get it out.  Drink a good 50+ ounces of water over the course of a couple hours and it will clear you up.  I promise!  
It sounds like allergic response to dairy products to me ... and OP it sounds like you might have Hashimoto's thyroiditis ... I have this and I'm also allergic to dairy ... when I drink milk, I do have increased mucous and I get these clogs in my sinuses ... when I'm able to clear them, they look like scabs ... dried on the top and moist mucous on the underside ... I think that mine must be caused by dairy bc when I stay away from dairy, I don't get them
I just saw this on another page about the same problem, I was desperate and this was the only one I could do right now, get a wash cloth and run it under really hot tap water then hold it up to your nose and breathe in the hot water in the cloth for a few minutes then blow your nose as hard as you can. It took 5 mins to get relief for something that I've just been dealing with for a few weeks.