Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Mucus coming out of eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Mucus coming out of eye

My sister has had a pretty bad cold for the past 3 days now. Shes gotten high fevers. Last night she was blowing her nose and as she was doing that mucus started running out of her right eye. It just kept coming out all night. She woke up this morning and she could barely open her eye. In the morning she finally got some mucus out of her nose and it was all chunky, bloody and green.
Heres the best part I think, she went to a walk in clinic and the doctor asked if she has been sneezing and she said shes only sneezed about once through this whole time...and immediately he said it was allergies......yeah...okay.
So, I was wondering if anyone may have any better answers than that, and any suggestions on what she should do.

Thank you!
I would say that she had allergies too although you will sneeze also if you have cold.  
I used to have a real bad allergic reaction to some trees and i remember that there were times that mucus would run out of my left eye when i blow my nose or hold my nose to try to blow air up the eustachian tube into the ear.
When i go to sleep it would drain down my throat though and that's when the back of my throat gets raw, sore and swollen.  then i had to take antibiotic.

There's a lot of otc medication for colds/allergies.  hope she's taking medication for her cold.