Mucus problem!
I have this mucus  problem for several yrs.now. It just keeps getting worse. I cough and choke constantly and at night my nose totally plugs up so I never seem to sleep. I have extreme dry mouth sometimes so I use biotene.
I have been to an allergist and he said I am allergy free .I have taken every kind of nose and throat sprays and pills and nothing works.My ear nose  and throat doc wants to open my nose but I can't see how that will help.I spit it up when I can but sometimes it just sticks  there. I either have extreme runny nose out of the blue or coughing and sneezing to try and get rid of it.I have to carry water at all times or take the chance of having a choking attack. I am so sick of tasting this stuff all the time when I swallow.My doctor doesn't seem to know what it is either so I don't know whats left to do.I am constantly clearing my throat too and sometimes can taste blood. It is a lot better during the day but is horrible at night .I blow my nose as much as possible to clear it out but only lasts a little while. Can anyone help.I am desperate.
Try stopping dairy.  Try drinking mint tea.