Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Mucus won't come out of my nose!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Mucus won't come out of my nose!

It all started about 6 months ago, my allergy was really bad and my nose was constantly running non-stop, it was so bad I could sometimes consume several boxes of tissue a day. My allergy was terrible and I had to take a lot of allergy medicines (mostly your typical Loratadine), they worked for a while but eventually start to lose effect, and I had to take more every day.

Then something weird happened, my nose stopped running, literally. It's not that I have stopped producing mucus, because the mucus’ still there, I can feel mucus going down my throat all the time, but I can no longer blow it out of my nose!

My allergy isn’t ‘cured’, quite the opposite in fact. Now my nose is even stuffier than before since I can’t blow the mucus out like I used to and have to rely on it to slowly wash down my throat to get a relief. What is happening to me? Why can’t I blow mucus out of my nose anymore? Could it be the side effect of those allergy medicines?
Sounds like a post-nasal drip..