My brain feels swollen due to cough
A month ago I got a puppy and I was taking her out at nights, sometimes with no jacket or just out of the shower. A few days after I got her, I developed a sore throat and for a while I was running fever on and off. I am a teacher, therefore many times I just had to sit down for a bit because of the cough or because I randomly became feverish. The fever felt bad for a few minutes, then it would calm down. Two week later, the fever was gone but the cough has lingered. I have not gone to the Dr. since usually my illness just leaves with no meds. Today a month later, my coughs are sparse but painful. usually a nasty green or completely white (not transparent, white). Anyways today all of the sudden my neck started hurting as well as my head and my brain feels like it keeps pumping. And every time I cough my head and neck explode with pain. It feels like the glands or nodes under my jaw are swollen or at least they hurt.. Please help, and sorry for writing a book on my woes.  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Looks like it is a persisting throat infection. Throat infections are most probably streptococcal or a viral infection. Strep sore throat needs to be treated with an antibiotic as strep is a bacteria. Viral sore throat is best treated with rest, warm oral fluids and  (OTC) tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen for pain. The lymph nodes are enlarged as a consequence to this infection. You will need to consult your primary care physician for a strep test, which if positive you will be given antibiotics. In the meantime you could take OTC multivitamins and antihistamines. Take plenty of warm oral fluids and lots of rest. For further relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt water gargles and steam inhalations. Please ensure to do this prior to your meals.  Hope this helped and Do Take Care!