Ear, Nose & Throat Community
My tonsils have holes!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

My tonsils have holes!

My tonsils have huge holes in them....about almost 2 months ago i started having sore throats.... it got so bad i went to the er and they tested for strep and 3 other tests with it and it came back negative... i looked at them and noticed holes there were holes in them about 3-4 on each tonsil. I then made a appt. with my dr. who took a look at them and said the holes is the common viral herpes(not the sexually transmitted, i asked) on my tonsils and nothing would help them. i still have sore throats and i read about it online and it said the duration is only 3-4 weeks... why am i still having sore throats and my tonsils are getting more and larger holes on my tonsils. at this point, there are large areas i can see that missing.. looks like they are deteriorating it is only my tonsils that have been bothering me. could this be something else?

note: i had a baby in nov. and my immmune system is normally normal but i also know that have a child can weaken it. PLEASE HELP!