Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Myringotomy (ear tubes) Problems in Adult

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I had ear tubes put in three days ago and the pressure, noise level, clogged feeling is almost unbearable.  I feel as if I have an echoing in my head and I can hear my own voice rattling through my head.  I can also hear when I chew and I can hear my pulse!  I can also hear the air conditioner, cars, and other humming type noises at an incredibly loud level.  However, I can hardly hear the TV or other people talking.  I feel as if my head is underwater when I hear and the pressure is like being in an airplane.  I had pressure and a clogged feeling before, but this is worse and I want to rip these things out.  Has anyone else had this happen to them??  Does it go away and I just need to be patient or is this not right.  
I had a tube placed in my right ear yesterday and i am feeling exactly what you described. My eardrum ruptured from an infection a few days ago so the tube has relieved some of the pain, but my ear feels completely clogged.  A very annoying feeling.
I too am having this problem.  The pressure and pain is terrible.  Did yours ever get better and how long did it take.
I'm in the same boat! Any update? Help!
I just had ear tubes put in today.  I was hard of hearing to begin with, and the tubes were just going to be used to reduce the pressure and plugged feeling.  Immediately after surgery I heard NOTHING!!! even with my hearing aids!!  I am very concerned as it has now been 6 hours post surgery and very little sound in one ear has returned, but none in the other.  My doctor was quite surprised at the affect and said that there may be 24 hours or so needed to reduce it.  If in 24 hours my hearing hasn't resumed to what it was before surgery, he is recommending that he remove the tubes all together.  Pretty expensive "experiment."  I wasn't looking for a miracle, but hoping to reduce the plugged feeling.  Now it not only is plugged, but I feel completely out of it.  Will my hearing ever come back?  Even if the tubes are removed, will it be restored to where it was pre-surgery.  I'm very concerned as I am a reading teacher and need my hearing in order to teach.  Hopefully someone has experienced similar side effects and can offer some positive feed back.  Anybody???