Myringotomy (ear tubes) Problems in Adult
I had ear tubes put in three days ago and the pressure, noise level, clogged feeling is almost unbearable.  I feel as if I have an echoing in my head and I can hear my own voice rattling through my head.  I can also hear when I chew and I can hear my pulse!  I can also hear the air conditioner, cars, and other humming type noises at an incredibly loud level.  However, I can hardly hear the TV or other people talking.  I feel as if my head is underwater when I hear and the pressure is like being in an airplane.  I had pressure and a clogged feeling before, but this is worse and I want to rip these things out.  Has anyone else had this happen to them??  Does it go away and I just need to be patient or is this not right.  
I had a tube placed in my right ear yesterday and i am feeling exactly what you described. My eardrum ruptured from an infection a few days ago so the tube has relieved some of the pain, but my ear feels completely clogged.  A very annoying feeling.
I too am having this problem.  The pressure and pain is terrible.  Did yours ever get better and how long did it take.
I'm in the same boat! Any update? Help!
I just had ear tubes put in today.  I was hard of hearing to begin with, and the tubes were just going to be used to reduce the pressure and plugged feeling.  Immediately after surgery I heard NOTHING!!! even with my hearing aids!!  I am very concerned as it has now been 6 hours post surgery and very little sound in one ear has returned, but none in the other.  My doctor was quite surprised at the affect and said that there may be 24 hours or so needed to reduce it.  If in 24 hours my hearing hasn't resumed to what it was before surgery, he is recommending that he remove the tubes all together.  Pretty expensive "experiment."  I wasn't looking for a miracle, but hoping to reduce the plugged feeling.  Now it not only is plugged, but I feel completely out of it.  Will my hearing ever come back?  Even if the tubes are removed, will it be restored to where it was pre-surgery.  I'm very concerned as I am a reading teacher and need my hearing in order to teach.  Hopefully someone has experienced similar side effects and can offer some positive feed back.  Anybody???
I had my right ear done a year ago and I suddenly have the exact same problem! I thought at first that somehow I got water in through the tube.from..... well I assumed the shower since I've not been swimming. As of 2 days.ago completely blocked again and again the pain in my ear and around my eye.
background. had both ears done because of glue ear at 3 years old. then again at 27 because of NEVER NEVER being able to get my ears to pop and my commute to work involved flying which at times was s unbearable my eye would water like I was crying. at 30 got it again in my right ear after I was again flying and often travelling up and over a mountain highway. well here I am with the tube that was supposed to last 4 years. the pain in my right eye and right side of my head is there and at times unbearable.
need to call my ENT. so bad the other night I considered going to the ER and generally I can tolerate pain no provlem
just should add I've had no problems with the tube otherwise until about a month ago. it was a godsend because being unable to pop my ear and have.constant pains for years make ear tubes just awesome
Hi.  I had this procedure done yesterday.  My doctor told me I should feel instant relief that day or by the next.........and now its been 24hrs and nothing--actually it's quite annoying--this strange feeling & not even a bit better.  It hurts, clogged, I can hear myself talk, like I'm in a tunnel, very dissapointed!  Did you ever get relief and how long did it take.  I'm flying to a family event this weekend & the doctor assured me I could fly with the tubes in.  I'm hoping in the next couple days, there will be some relief, but I'm already worried and getting myself upset!!  Any help you can give, would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!!
did you ever get any feedback?  i had the procedure done 2 days ago and no relief.....same symptons as you.  thanks for your help!
Just saw this and wanted to know if u ever got any better from the tube procedure. I had this done yesterday and everything u described is exactly how I feel. I feel terrible ... Worse than before I went in . I hope to hear from you!!!!
Did anyone have relief??? I am having this same problem still 4 days post procedure and it is terrible!! I'm hoping for some relief!!!
I just wanted to write a comment to anyone suffering. I had tubes placed 3 weeks ago. I ended up having them taken out today. My ENT was trying to convince me that losing a little bit of my hearing for a little while was better than the plugged up feeling. I beg to differ. I am a female musician and I said nope. He pulled out the tube in my right ear. It stung for 2 seconds but nothing unbearable. I wouldn't say it was instant relief and that everything was back to normal but, by that evening I could tell I was starting to heal and my hearing was getting better. He told me to give it two months for my hearing and ears to get back to normal. Just saying, if you really feel like you need tubes, get them, but I would strongly suggest it be a LAST resort. I didn't like talking "under water" all day!