Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nasal Cauterization

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Nasal Cauterization

I am 39 weeks pregnant and I had my nose cauterized 3 days ago for severe nose bleeds.  I have had the cauterization once before (about two months ago) and very little pain or side effects.  This time around has been horrible.  The right side of my face has stayed in pain since I had the procedure done. My right eye is watering, my nose is runny and burning, my throat is killing is me on the right side, and my teeth are hurting really bad too.  I feel like I have a severe sinus infection with pain added to it.  Should I still be feeling like this and if so, for how much longer?  My doctor is out of town and the nurse said all I can take is tylenol because of the pregnancy.  I just feel horrible though...  I am due to deliver in three days...