Nasal Drip when talking
I grew up hearing impaired and as a result I learned to talk "thru my nose" or nasally.  Currently I have a cochlear implant which helps me monitor my voice and I do not talk "thru my nose" as much as I did before.

However, talking seems to cause my nose to drip a clear fluid.  This is kind of embarrassing since I am constantly blowing or wiping my nose when talking.

How should I go about looking into just why this happens?  Are there ways to prevent this?  I will not take drugs.

Thanks,
Rick
Follow up to my post above...

The drip mostly comes out of my nose as opposed to going down my throat.  However, I do have to clear my throat often.
Hello web and hope you are doing well.

In an entity called allergic rhinitis, the symptoms are similar to a common cold, but they are usually more persistent and show seasonal variation. The individual responds to an allergen, which can be in many forms like dust and household mites. It appears that you are suffering from such a phenomenon.

You can tackle this problem in the following ways: Prevention and Therapy during attacks.

For prevention: Try to maintain an allergen-free environment. Substitute all synthetic and cool materials with cotton ones. Remove all dust-collecting household articles like carpets, bedspreads etc. Alternatively an allergy specialist may try to identify the offending allergen and try to desensitize you.

Using low dose steroidal nasal sprays, are very effective. The steroid in the spray is very low and acts only locally. Two puffs in each nostril two times a days for about a month. The effect starts only after 2weeks of therapy.

Once an attack has occurred, the antihistamines like chlopheneramine, lovatidine are effective. Nasal decongestant drops too relieve congestion.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Based on your symptoms, you might have what is called vasomotor rhinitis which is a runny nose in response to some irritation (like eating spicy food or going outside in the cold).  It is often treated with a drying nasal spray (like Atrovent).