Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nasal Problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nasal Problem

I am 50 years old. In the past 5 years or so, I have slowly developed a restricted nasal problem to the point in which both sides of the inner nose become completely blocked and cannot breathe through my nose at all; in or out. Currently, the only remedy that will help is Vicks Sinex 12 hour fine mist. I need to break away from using this medication as it has its bad side effects such as excessive mucous, nose bleeds, and loss of some smell.            
     I am looking forward to a permanent solution such as surgery or maybe even having stints placed as a permanent fix. Please help.  
554959_tn?1216064566
You should get an evaluation by a physician to better assess the area of obstruction as well as to review the contributing factors involved.  I agree that you should not rely on Vicks to be able to breath freely.  In some cases, relying on certain medications can make symptoms worse in the long run.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
In my opinion, the doctor provided a reasonable answer to your question. I would think there are many different problems that can cause a nasal blockage, and the only way to determine what the issue is would be a evaluation in person.  

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...