Nasal odor
I am a 71 year old male. I had successful heart bypass surgery about a year and a half ago. Shortly after the surgery my nose began to run . It would run without provocation. The fluid was thin like water. I had no other nasal symtoms.

About six months later my wife began to complain that she could detect an odor, at times, that she knew came from me picking my nose. I do not pick my nose but I used to years ago.

This continued for a while. I saw an ENT who did a nasal examination that showed no problems. she prescribed some nose drops, suggested that I have a CAT scan.

The nose drops cleared up the nasal drip. I did not have the CAT scan. However, my wife still complains about my nasal odor, that she now says, is caused by me touching my nose. If we are in a room together and she goes out for a moment she complains that she can smell the odor from my nose upon her return. and that I must have been touching my nose.

The strangest thing is that I cannot detect this bad odor at all. My wife cannot describe the smell except to say that it comes from my nose.

This is becoming a problem between us. Can anyone offer any help.