[Need Desperate Help] Ulcer on Tonsils lasting weeks
I have an ultra big ulcer on my tonsils which was diagnosed as ulcer on a tonsil by a General Practictioner (Doctor) 1 week ago. he gave me some anti biotics for a week. but this Ulcer on my left tonsil is around for 4 weeks and it just wouldn't go away.

I can still eat and drink normally but with a little discomfort and it is healing very slowly.

this is the first time im having this problem. Im suspecting that ard 10 days ago, i smoked heavly, im a social smoker and smoke occasionally only. i also drank a lot of Remy Martin that night.

is there a cause for worry? should i visit the GP again?
U need to see an ENT, GP's usually perscribe antibiotics and send you on your way - this has just happened to me.  Steroids are needed to combat throat ulcers.  I asked the dr today if smoking had anything to do with my ulcers and he said not really so - I am a smoker.