Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Need of help.....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need of help.....

I am going to post this question on the ENT and the Respitory site and hopefully a doctor or someone can help. I have chronic sinus infections, etc. I have had two sinus surgeries in the past and I know have sinus polyps. I have a constant sinus drainage in the back of my throat, daily earaches, sore throat and swollen glands. Over the course of the past few months I have been having severe chest congestion to the point of the feeling of not being able to breathe. Last month the ER told me I had bronchitis and sent me home with antibiotics, cough medicine and an inhaler. I do not have insurance, cannot afford to pay for a doctor, and I am awaiting SSI for other issues. The heaviness and congestion in my chest is non stop now and I have sharp pains in my chest/lung areas. Whenever I go to the ER they listen and feel no wheezing and send me home. The past couple of weeks I have been only able to eat a few bites a day because I am in so much pain and I have also started having horrible heartburn and acid reflux. I bought some pepcid AC and tums but they are not helping and I now take musinex on a daily basis. It is really hard for me to even swallow water. Is there anything OTC or anything herbal that would help me. I live in a very small town with one very small ER. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.....