Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Need of help.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Need of help.....

I am going to post this question on the ENT and the Respitory site and hopefully a doctor or someone can help. I have chronic sinus infections, etc. I have had two sinus surgeries in the past and I know have sinus polyps. I have a constant sinus drainage in the back of my throat, daily earaches, sore throat and swollen glands. Over the course of the past few months I have been having severe chest congestion to the point of the feeling of not being able to breathe. Last month the ER told me I had bronchitis and sent me home with antibiotics, cough medicine and an inhaler. I do not have insurance, cannot afford to pay for a doctor, and I am awaiting SSI for other issues. The heaviness and congestion in my chest is non stop now and I have sharp pains in my chest/lung areas. Whenever I go to the ER they listen and feel no wheezing and send me home. The past couple of weeks I have been only able to eat a few bites a day because I am in so much pain and I have also started having horrible heartburn and acid reflux. I bought some pepcid AC and tums but they are not helping and I now take musinex on a daily basis. It is really hard for me to even swallow water. Is there anything OTC or anything herbal that would help me. I live in a very small town with one very small ER. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.....