Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Non-Stop Running nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Non-Stop Running nose

My son has non-stop running nose for Months. The only time he did not have running nose was during his summer vacation for a few days. He is 15 year old and is frustrated as he finds it hard to cope up with 10th grade studies.Would appreciate any suggestions, remedies, treatment to stop his running nose - Thanks
ask your doctor about allergies

nasal steroids can help

over the counter nasal saline rinses help too
Has he had any head trauma?
If he has tried prescription nose sprays without help, he should definitely
see an Otolaryngologist.  If it is truly non-stop, we occasionally will see brain fluid leak from the nose, even without any history of trauma.
OtoHNS_MD is right, if he has hit his head, you'd worry about a cerebrospinal fluid leak.

In any case, it's been running for months, go see your doc, that's not normal...
you said your son is 15 and adjusting to 10th grade.  Not that i am accusing, assuming or judging, It happens all the time..  I would not rule out that he may be using some type of drug ( such as cocaine, or similar ) to help him cope. These drugs are easy to get, easy to hide, but will cause the nose run usually as long as they are using and can continue for weeks after stoping. ... It happens more often then not.   I had this happen to someone i know and hidden well.. for  a very long time, fooled the doctors, everyone, because it can be anything.  but it  finally came out. Kids now a days are searching,, not just kids, alot of people are.
Hopefully it is just a medical issue to get treatment for.  
Hope you get good results with the doctor like the others said.. thats the first step..  
i wouldn't leap to the possibility of illicit drug use, although it's a possibility.