Non group a strep
My 4 year old granddaughter has been diagnosed with group c streptococcal pharyngitis. Should I be concerned about this?  Last March she also had a non group a strep Pharyngitis. Is this related to her immune system? Or am I just worried?  I know that group a needs treatment to prevent complications but it seems to be much more common than groups b, can, and g.
Hi there,
In group A streptococcal pharyngitis treatment with antibiotics shortens the duration of the acute illness. The primary reason for treatment with antibiotics is to reduce the risk of complications. Certain precautions may be taken to prevent repeated streptococcal infections. One should wash hands frequently. Wash for at least 15 seconds. Use antibacterial soap if you can. Avoid being in crowded places for  a long time. Keep your nose or mouth covered when you cough or sneeze and ask others around you to do the same. If the symptoms are severe or persistent a clinical examination may be necessary. It is suggested to discuss your concerns with your attending ENT specialist .I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!