Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nose Bleeds and Blocked Nose after?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Nose Bleeds and Blocked Nose after?

This is the second morning where i have woken up with a blocked nose type feeling in my left nostril and only when ive put a tissue in there do i see blood. After about 1-2 mins of putting a tissue in there the blood is completely gone and scraped away. Otherwise the blood doesnt come out or dribble down my nostril (i probably wouldnt notice and just think its a blocked nose if i didnt put a tissue in my nose to see) so im wondering if you can diagnose this as a nosebleed or just blood from a dry nose. This morning, however, after the blood went away i noticed that my left nostril (where the blood was) isnt as easy to breath from than my right nostril which is worrying me as i have read up on posterior nose bleeds and was told blocked noses can be a symptom of this. I could breath fine with both of them though but the left one was a little blocked for maybe 30/40 mins after i noticed the blood then no blocked nose. The past few days ive had a mucusy feeling in my throat like theres something there which has worried me that it could be blood but then whenever i cough, its just a bit of mucus or nothing at all. I looked at the back of my throat (using a mirror) and half of it was lined with mucus and no blood that i could see.

i should mention that it is summer here and quite hot and humid so does that mean it could be dry air causing this? (93% humidity i think it is??) I went to my doctor about 2 weeks ago complaining of sore cheeks and pain at the bridge of my nose and sore eyes (i sometimes get this symptom still) and headaches at my temples/forehead and he said it was probably just sinus problems and told me to try beconase (hay fever symptom relief spray) and i never used it because the nose pain and sore cheeks basically went away and so did the headaches a few days later after the visit. So i feel bad going AGAIN to see him about this when he will probably just turn me away and tell me its nothing.

Anyone who is a doctor/nurse or any experience in this area that can tell me whether this is a nosebleed at all and if it is, could it just be an anterior nosebleed or should i be worried that it might be something more serious like the posterior nosebleed? Do posterior nosebleeds occur in BOTH nostrils? Because i only ever get the blood in my nose in the one nostril =S It's never the right nostril. I have had this happen a few months ago where it would come and go and then

What is the definition of a nose bleed as well? How would you characterise it so i can see if i really do get nose bleeds because mine dont pour out of my nose or anything like that?

Also i am 20 and noticed that my left nostril was slightly blocked for about 20mins after the blood was taken out by my tissue and then it went blocked again then back to cleared. Then the other nostril became blocked an hour or so later. What is going on!?!

help please =(