Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nose Infection and Lymph Nodes Swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Nose Infection and Lymph Nodes Swelling

Hello Dr. I have a question about my neck lymph nodes. This past summer I had my tonsils taken out and my turbonites shrank due to always getting sinus infections and swelling of my tonsils and lymph nodes in the front of my throat. After the surgery my nose got a severe infection and 11 months later is still going through infection. While my throat hasn't gotten sore at all, I am also still noticing a continous swelling of my frontal nodes. Sometimes it feels as if someone is squeezing my throat. While many ENT's have told me that can be caused by acid reflux, I have been tracking what I eat and still notice it prior to eating/drinking things that cause that. My lymph nodes get enlarged and pretty hard and not painful but a discomfort. About 5 months ago I noticed something different as well. On the back of my neck, right by my hair line, on my right side I have been getting an enlarged (what I am assuming is) lymph node that comes and goes. It is very hard, about the size of the tip of my finger, and makes my neck sore. It is very different because I will wake up feeling it and then about 2 hours later it will be gone. I have only noticed it on my left side once, for some reason it happens a lot more on my right. While I know they enlarge when you are sick, my lymph nodes are very uncomfortable both in back and front of neck and I am just curious as to if there is any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks for you answer!
I am having the similar problem. My sinus always got infection. It caused my lymph node enlarge and become hard as well. Hope someone from this forum can help us. good luck