Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Nose bleed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Nose bleed

I usually have a very dry nose in the winter.  Back in Feb or so I woke up in the middle of the night with a bloody nose which stopped within 5 minutes.  Ever since then, both nostrils bleed and winter is over.  I was putting bacitracin in my nose on occasion and was using it daily since last Thursday and stopped today as I ready you should not put in in your nose.  I've also been using Ocean (saline spray) regularly since last Thursday.  I have an appt. with ENT on Thursday as that was the soonest they had.  I'm terrified of what this might be.  I've notice some what I think is puss?or it might be from the bacitracin build up in my left nostril, I'm not sure.  I've been going through menopause and just have had numerous symptoms from this.  It's been a nightmare.  I take Alpraxolam, .25 mgs up to 3x's a day.  I was taking 200 mg of COQ10 but stopped taking that last week and was taking cal/mag and a vitamin b complex but stopped that a few weeks ago.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.