Nose pain on the tip of the nose
I have had nose pain, on and off, for almost two years. I have lived in the same place for the past three and a half years. The pain is on the left side of my nose at the tip of my nose. It does not go up the nose or reach the bridge. It is localized at the tip.
It is extremely painful to the touch. Even the lightest touch will cause pain.
I do not have acne or zits any more and it does not feel the same as a zit.
I do not have any congestion and my nose is not running.
There is no redness or swelling of my nose.
The pain will show up for 5-10 days and then go away again for 7 days or so. Sometimes I can go three weeks without pain.
My doctor has said that there is nothing he can do. He is not concerned about infection and has given me no indication of what he thinks it might be.
Anybody else out there that has this symptom?
I have the exact same problem! I'm going to my PCP and to a dermatologist to see what can be done. I remember there being a clogged pore there like 5 years ago that I didn't manage too well but it went away eventually. I feel like it somehow affected that area, like it's clogged deep down but there is no enlarged pore, no redness, no noticeable swelling. I started exfoliating recently and the pain came back 10 fold, incredibly painful to the touch. The pain definitely isn't coming from the inside of the nostril, more like the in between the inside and the outside or just below the outside of the nostril. I'll return with what I hear from the doctors.
I have the same thing going on! It can come on seemingly without reason and then disappear for months, only to come back. Right at the end of my nose, on one side. Can't see anything wrong on the inside or out, but man it hurts!

Please keep me posted with what you guys hear.  I dont know what kind of doc to go see without sounding bizarre.....
Some progress..... after a couple visits to the doc, I'm all good! I had nasal cellulitis, which basically means an infection of the tissue. (I had an awful sore throat at the same time, and one antibiotic cured 'em both in about 5 days.) Hopefully it doesnt come back.
I have the same nose pain. I comes and goes. I went the the health food store and bought this stuff called DMSO roll on with aloe vera. I put some on a Q-Tip and put it in the tip of my nose about three times a day. The pain was 85% gone in a 1 1/2 day and 100% gone in two days. It worked than the pain happened again in aobut two months. I did the same thing and it worked again. I think I got a winner. Before I got the DMSO the pain would last about 1 1/2 week.
I read your situation about your nose and I am having the same exact problem.  The pain is on the left side of my nose. It causes intense pain when I go to scratch it with the side of my finger.  The pain takes several seconds to ease up after it has been touched.  The seconds actually seems like minutes, but I know it isn't that long.  I have looked up so many things on the internet and nothing has sounded as similar as to what I have read about you. I see that you posted this back in Feb. I would like to know if you have found out anything about your problem.  
Thank You
I have the exact same problem! I went to the doctor the other day and he said he couldn't see anything without shoving a camera up there which i didn't really like the thought of but am now tempted if it will solve the problem. It is extreme pain which sometimes goes away but if there is pressure it hurts so much! If i find out anything i will write it on here but thankyou all for making me feel like i'm not losing my mind!
I have also been having pain similar to what everyone is talking about.  I didn't really think it was serious, but it's a pretty sharp pain when I accidentally touch the tip of my nose (slightly inside the left nostril).  I've been surfing the net a bit and think it might be nasal cellulitis.  The infection itself may be bacterial and the fact that there are blood vessels from the nose to the brain makes it something that may be important to treat.  I also have lupus which can make it more likely to happen.  There are other situations that can make you more susceptible as well.  I usually wait and see if things go away on their own, but this one seems to merit a trip to the doc for an antibiotic, especially since its been bothering me for at least 6mos at this point.  Thanks for all the posts, it's nice to know I'm not alone!  
It happens to me too, not on the inside but on the outside on the tip on the left that would hurt to touch, after I fast for a long time, and it goes away after eating again for a while. I'm fasting again and it hurts again and I asked my stepdad and he said it will go away if I ignore it for a while. This is really a new and interesting phenomenon that needs more scientific and medical research in to.
Exact thing for me too! Inside the tip of my nose, had it for about 7 years and just lived with it! Recently talked to my family about it and apparently both of my sisters and father have it too.. My dad told me its a internal cyst and one of my sisters who had broken her nose got it removed while getting plastic surgery.. Really want this thing removed as it terribly annoying and painful. Hope this helps
I have had the same problem for quite a while.  It's strange that it only seems to affect the left side of the nose.
I have the same issues, however it is on the right side. Looks like all the post above have it on the left. I would love to know what this is!
Totally HAD the same problem that everyone else has on this board. Dont ask me why I thought to do this but it worked and I no longer have the pain. I basically massaged it out... I noticed that the pain would be duller the more I touched it so I decided to massage it for a couple min. My train of thought was getting circulation to that point so agitating/rubbing it seemed like a logical conclusion haha! First couple min were painful then the pain slowly started to subside. I then went to bed (12 hours later) and It is no longer there. So I am assuming it worked. I dont know how permanent it is but I can now blow my nose and scratch my nose and not want to cry! haha! Hope this helps bring relief to someone else! But unfortunately I cant help with an answer as to WHAT this is.  

Wow! I had this for quite a while, painful! I wasn't sure what to do, or how serious it can be.
To those who have been to the doctor, did you go to an ENT?
Mine is on the right side.
More important la, the tip of my nose is changing shape and growing, and the skin looks shinier like it is being street her. Anybody else had this?
Not sure if this post is still active.  I am a 43 yr old male. I have had a similar issue now for about three years. It is in the same place and slightly swells, periodically- not painful unless I touch it, pain throbs then subsides. It appears randomly, sometimes months between episodes. Location is on the right side tip of nose exterior. Not pimple like and hardened like a cyst or cartilage. I have had pimples but never a cyst, so not sure if it's the same. I visited my physician, who referred me to an ENT. The ENT seemed puzzled at first then explained that during bouts of dry and humid climate our noses have membranes that act as regulators and that it just becomes inflamed (looked it up and found no reference) he then rationalized it was my "medditerrainian heritage"... Since that visit, it went away and returned a couple of times. Still no answers...has anyone found a cause?
Alien implant....? anyone heard of that?
I have had the same symptoms for a year now.  First doctor gave me topical antibiotic cream and that did not help.  3 months later a different doctor gave me a script for antibiotics, took 10 days worth and zero improvement.  Went to an ENT she could find nothing, told me I had bruised cartilage!  I am thinking of seeing a dermatologist and asking for a biopsy.  Sick of this pain.
I also have this, and have had for years...about 25 to be exact. Mine started with allergies nose running with a sore inside the left nostril. I was allergic to my vanilla body spray. I had to stop that, and all other spray perfumes.  After a period of time I started using oil scents on my body, and I still get the sore pain on the end of my nose. It comes and goes…I guess depends on something I have breathed in. However also has developed into sinus infections. I try not to resort to antibiotics because they also have a lot of bad side effects. I think it is mostly environmental but I also get this when I get injections at the dentist. I will get bad sinus problems. Having said all this…I also know that I did have more of this when I had mercury fillings and or a bad tooth. If you have any root canals you might get them rechecked. Often trapped bacteria will be present at the very end of the hole that was drilled. X-ray can spot this, and then they can disinfect the hole with Ozone.Hope this might help some. AK
I experience aggravating pain with the slightest touch of my nostril but on my right side only. I never had sinus problems and don't get the cold or flu often. This is an irritating problem for me...I usually deal with things as soon as they come up but this is pissing me off because I just dont know what to do about the stupid pain. Sometimes I would unconsciously rub my nose only to be shocked with pain and soreness that lasts for a couple minutes. The problem stays with me for about 5 days at a time and then goes unnoticed, but trust me when I say I notice when it comes back which is every other week. Im 23yrs now and this started about 2 months now. Lord help me!
I got the same problem... anyone got any possible solution... please
It could be a bacterial infection called cellulitis. Coconut oil is a highly effective in treating this condition. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, a saturated fat with healing properties. Your body converts lauric acid into monolaurin or glycerol monolaurate, which then helps fight different types of bacteria and viruses. The best form of coconut oil for treating cellulitis is organic virgin coconut oil. Put it on a q tip and rub it on the the sore spot twice a day until it clears up.  
I have the same thing, it's been going on for about 2 year. SAme description. I have gone to 5 ent. One MRI. No one can help me. Have you find a cure. Please let me know I am desperate
Hey Mandy!  I am experiencing the same as everyone else, and have Lupus like you.  This nose "thing" seems like months of on and off.  did you cure your problem after going to the doc?
ANSWER:  it's a migraine in your nose!!

Sincerely,

Sam The Carpet Man®
I've had the same thing for about 4 months now. It began after I pulled a couple of nose hairs out of my nostril. A day or so after pulling the hairs it started to feel like I was getting a pimple inside my nose. Then the pain started and the tip of my nose really swelled up and was red. I soaked it with warm compresses and it pretty much went away. Then I pulled another hair about a month later and boom - it started all over again. No, I'm not pulling hairs ever again.
I was left with sensitivity in the inside of my nose and in the tip. It almost feel as though the tissue just inside my nostril is thicker. I also wonder if it isn't a cyst because it seems like I've got discharge that dries, almost like a scab but it comes back almost as soon as I scrape off the dry stuff - no, it's not boogies.
Now today the edge of my right nostril is getting painful again. It actually is the entire edge of my nostril into the tissue that divides one nostril from the other. It's been going on too long and I too and wondering what sort of doc to go to. It's very painful right now, almost throbbing as I'm sitting here typing.
Has anybody found out anything about what this could be???
I have the same pain on the tip of my nose. However, about 1 year ago i was diagnosed w/ Raynaud's syndrome which basically causes poor circulation in the extremities. My toes and fingers sometimes hurt. Especially when it's cold out. Because we r talking about the tip of the nose...there is definitely poor circulation involved there. Basically there is no treatment for Raynaud's....but I take Garlic pills to improve blood flow...and also a testosterone booster.  I take both...they do help. If i go a few days without taking them my pain gets worse. Hope this helps!!
I started experiencing the exact pain everyone has been describing a few days ago and read every thread I could find through google. I saw ONE post about putting coconut oil in your nostril. Desperate, I tried it. After the first application, my nostril felt less "hard" but still tender. After the second application (a day later), the tenderness definitely subsided. Now, 12 hours after the second application, my nose is practically back to normal. I vowed to post this to as many places as I went to, just in case it helps anyone else.
I have this going on as well. Pain started last fall pain on one side of nose then goes away and comes back now it's on the tip of my nose ? Does anyone know what this is I work around a lot of dust and dirt and jet fumes ? Will this cause this thanks David
I also have this pain. On the tip of my left nostril. Just pressing the end of my nose is so painful. I thought at first it might have been a pimple on the inside but I've had the pain for 3 weeks now. I'd love to know what causes it.
I also have nose pain, but not at the tip. I have pain a little above it and it feels like its bruised but I didn't do anything. When I touch it it hurts, and even when I bend over to grab something I can already feel it "bruise" again.
Use coconut oil and gently massage twice a day, i dont know why it happens but this home remedy is working.
good luck!