Ear, Nose & Throat Community
One sided sore throat, not on tonsil, 5 days so far

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

12462600?1429647702
I've had this sore throat on one side for 5 days now. I was supposed to have gotten my tonsils removed when I was a kid, 15 years ago, but I didn't. My doctor gave me an alternative with medication for a while and now they don't bother me. The funny thing is that the side with the larger tonsil is not the side that is sore. In the photo the green arrow shows where I think the pain is coming from. Looks to me that it's behind my tonsil. When I press on the outside of that side of my neck, it feels like it's bruised. Not really sure if that's the lymph nodes. Cough drops and the Chloraseptic spray worked yesterday for 6 hours and then it stopped numbing the painful part of my throat (although it numbed/cooled the rest of my throat).

Now it's not so bad that I can't breathe or swallow at all, but it's slowly wearing me out and making me extremely irritable. I'm wondering if I should just take antibiotics or is there a better option? I don't really trust my doctor since he's extremely old and English isn't his first language, but I'm stuck with him since my insurance company wont let me switch again so fast. I don't want to get my tonsils removed or have to do anything with needles preferably.

Thanks much!