I have had an orange tongue for months now. I noticed it after I had a bout with being hoarse for a few days. My husband and my child have not caught it (and we drink after each other all the time). I have taken anti-fungal herb medication, pro-biotics and silver nitrate, but nothing has touched it. I can brush it off but it comes back the next day. We are unemployed and have no insurance which is why I have not seen a doctor. Can you tell me what it might be? The only other possible symptom I have had is fatigue.
Thanks to everyone who's posted on forums here, quite a number of remedies that have worked for some amongst us. I had OT for about 14 months and tried most of the home cures with occasional temporary relief. Like most, I appear to have developed OT after a round of antibiotics and/or indication of Candida Yeast infection/exposure. In my case I had been on a low level Tetracycline prescription for decades to help control adult acne. I'm going to summarize this forums repetitive cures and then one of my own.
1. Collodial silver water, Probiotics, salt or chlorhexidrine rinses, grape seed extract, oregano liquid and several others appear to have helped some but definitely not all who tried them. I've stayed on Probiotics for the other health advantages I've experienced in my digestive functions.
2. Removing sugar from diet and/or total fast appears to have a positive effect, in some case the fasting for more than 2 days appears to effect a cure as some have reported that OT did not come back. This would indicate that OT is a bacteria that specifically feeds on sugars and glucose.
3. PREVPAC which includes Amoxicillin, Biaxin and Prevacid has worked for quite a few but not all who've tried it. I believe that it is the Amoxicillin that works, especially for those who haven't had OT for an extended time.
4. Doxicycline appears to be an effective antibiotic that cures most OT sufferers who've tried it. I am going to ask my dentist for a prescription just in case my self prescribed cure doesn't stick.
5. I came across three capsules of my old Tetracycline prescription in my travel case one morning two weeks ago. Not enough to try to cure my OT by normal ingestion for 10-14 days but desperate men attempt desperate solutions. I pierced a capsule with a needle and sprinkled a small amount directly on my tongue. I then spread it all over my tongue and left on while showering and then some, about ten minutes. It formed a whitish crud which I brushed off and then rinsed with regular mouth wash. That evening I couldn't really see any orange (normally end of day my OT was whole tongue and very prominent!) so I decided to repeat the Tetracycline sprinkle after supper. Kept it on for 15 minutes and then brushed the white crud off. I did this for 2 more days with that single pill (only takes a small amount!) and my ORANGE TONGUE is still gone!
I am not a doctor but if I was I would prescribe this as a cure to everyone with OT!!! (NOTE: NOT IF YOU HAVE LIFE THREATENING PENICILLIN ALLERGY!). It doesn't expose anyone to enough antibiotic to disrupt the other good bacteria in your system and it directly attacks the problem on your tongue.
I will post again once a week for the next month or two. If anyone else tries this please post, thanks
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.